The Shuswap Cycling Club is excited to help promote the Larch Hills Trail Lighting Project!
See below for information from the Larch Hills Nordic Society on an exciting opportunity to secure nearly half of the funding needed for the project. The selection process is entirely based on voting and you can vote as many times as you want.
We will need more than 500,000 votes if we hope to win, so get ready to cast some votes from 9:00 am Friday October 18 to 9:00 am to PST Sunday October 20, 2019!
Salmon Arm and the Larch Hills Nordic Society Trail Lighting Project is a 2019 Kraft Heinz Project Play Finalist!! We Need Your Support!!
We are thrilled to announce that Salmon Arm has been selected as one the final four communities competing for a Grand Prize of $250,000 in the 2019 Kraft Heinz Project Play competition! If we win, the Larch Hills Nordic Society will use the money to install trail lighting at Larch Hills Recreation Area. Did you know that Larch Hills is one few Nordic ski facilities in B.C. without trail lights for night skiing? In the winter it gets dark at Larch Hills just after 4 pm. Cross-country skiing is a great winter activity, but most people who work or go to school can’t go skiing during daylight hours. We would love to make evening skiing at Larch Hills safer and more accessible for everyone.
This project will cost over $500,000. Fundraising this amount is a big challenge for a small community and we thank Kraft Heinz for the opportunity to compete for this prize. Kraft Heinz Project Play is a Canada-wide online voting competition that allows unlimited voting. The competition is stiff. We estimate that Larch Hills Nordic Society will need well over 500,000 votes to have a chance at winning the Grand Prize. In order have a chance at winning we need at least 2000 people to vote 250 times!!! Please help us win this prize so that we can do something good for Salmon Arm and the people who live here.
The Grand Prize Winner will be determined through voting at the Kraft Heinz Project Play website. Voting will be allowed from 9:00 am PST Friday October 18 to 9:00 am PST Sunday October 20, 2019. People can vote as many times as they like but cannot use automatic programs and cannot sign in from multiple e-mail addresses. Voters must be Canadian residents at least 13 years old.
This is how you can help:
- Promote our campaign. Please follow and share our campaign on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Join our Facebook Virtual Voting Event. Challenge others to beat your speed and number of votes.
- Join us to vote at #LIGHTLARCHHILLS VOTING CENTRAL at Okanagan College. We will be hosting our own voting party from 6-12 pm Friday October 18th and 9 am-12 am (midnight) Saturday October 19th. Bring your own phone, tablet, or laptop or use a computer provided at the College. Food and drink will be provided.
- Host a voting party in your own home. Get a group together for an hour or two to vote.
- Challenge your friends, families, co-workers and teammates to vote as many times as possible.
- Go to the Kraft Heinz Project Play website and vote, vote, and vote some more.
- Visit the Larch Hills Nordic Society website at www.skilarchhills.ca to learn about the Trail Lighting Project.
Please visit the Kraft Heinz Project Play website to vote: http://www.kraftheinzprojectplay.com
Thank-you for your support,
Larch Hills Nordic Society Trail Lighting Committee
Please contact Randi Ostby at email@example.com if any questions.