SCC XC Race
October 1, 2023
First Annual Shuswap Cycling Club Cross Country Race
The Shuswap Cycling Club would like to thank all the racers, volunteer and sponsors who made the first annual SCC XC Race happen. 18 racers took on a the 40km long course and the 25km short course, riding from South Canoe to Rubberhead and back to South Canoe through Larch Hills.
These events do not happen with out Volunteers, The Shuswap Cycling Clubs would like to thank everyone who helped make this event possible.
We extend our gratitude to our sponsors and supporters:
- Blind Bay Grocer: for supplying the Rubberhead aid station.
- Jake Deeble Active Chiropractor for offering taping and massage for all racers.
- Diane Jewell: for Chilli and Bannock for all the racers and volunteers
We want to thank all the racers, volunteers, and sponsors for your invaluable support. Your contributions are vital in creating events like this, and we appreciate your dedication. Thank you for being a part of this event. Here's to more races and memorable moments ahead!
-Shuswap Cycling Club
Self-Supportive Event: The event is self-supportive, meaning that participants are responsible for their own navigation, well-being, and equipment throughout the race. There will be some limited route markings, mostly through the Larch Hills Nordic Trails. You are responsible to be familiar with the route. The Route can be found on Trailforks.
Course Marshals: There are no Course Marshals. If you come across a rider in need please STOP to assist. 911 in case of an injury.
Aid Station: The only Aid Station on route will be at the Rubberhead Parking lot. This will have a limited supply of snacks and water. You are responsible to pack the food you need for this route.
Course: Participants are expected to understand the route themselves. This implies that there may not be course marshals or route markers, so cyclists need to be able to navigate the course independently.
- The Long Course will run from South Canoe to Rubbered using the Ida View Section if the Larch Hills Traverse. From the Top of Rubberhead to the Rubberhead Parking Lot, then Climb back up DD and assorted trails to the top of Hemlock Glide and through the Larch Hills Nordic Trails to South Canoe. See Trailforks Route
- The Short Course will skip the decent to the Rubberhead Parking Lot, Once at the top of the Ida View Trail/top of Hemlock Glide, riders will make their way back to South Canoe through the Larch Hills Nordic Trails.
Categories: Mens and Womens of the long and short courses, that’s it.
Timing: Old school, we all leave at the same time and try to keep track of when you get back to South Canoe.
Ebikes: Sure, fill your boots, but you are not eligible for any category.
Prizes: A crisp high 5 and bragging rights.
After Party: There will be Chili and Bannock for all participants.
Assessment of Ability: Participants are encouraged to assess their own ability to complete the event.
Safety Responsibility: Safety is the responsibility of each participant. This includes having the necessary equipment such as maps, GPS devices, food and repair kits to ensure their well-being during the race. Your are required to stop and assist any riders in need along the course.
$50 for SCC Members and $75 for Non-Members.