Skookum Youth Ride
June 13 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 30, 2023
Rides will run from 5:30pm to 7:00pm Tuesdays at South Canoe starting April 18th.
Rides are every Tuesday from 5:30-7:00pm (approximately, sometimes there can be delays due to mechanical issues etc).
The season will be April 18-June 27th. We may have a few rides in the summer but will resume again Sept 12-Oct 3 with our popular Youth Race Series.
For the first night we will start by checking in riders and helping them connect with their groups.
Then we will go over some important safety info. We will also have a bike check station and spend the rest of the time doing some fun activities and a short ride!
Aside from the first night, we will always start by meeting by the gazebo in our groups at 5:30.
Please make sure your rider is ready to go each week with the following:
Bike in good working order!
- mountain bike that is the appropriate size and suitable for ups and downs
- brakes that will work on steep hills
- gears that shift smoothly and will be easy enough for steep climbs
- tires with knobby tread to grip on loose trails
- all the bolts are tight and wheels turn smoothly and are not warped
Gear that is appropriate for the day’s condition
- quality helmet with no dents or cracks
- a water water bottle or hydration backpack/hip pack is mandatory
- a small pocket snack like a bar or some trail mix
- gloves are recommended
- softer flexible knee pads are recommended
- clothing appropriate for the weather (we will ride rain or shine!)
- If the mosi’s bother you can bring some bug spray. But if we keep moving they can’t catch us!