June 26, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
The inaugural Rubberhead Enduro!
Thanks to all that helped, sponsored, and raced. We had a ton of fun. Here are the results:
See you at the next one!
This is a three stage enduro race at the Rubberhead Trails near Salmon Arm. Results will be based on the lowest combined time on three descent-oriented stages.
- Mass start (all racers at once)
- Enduro stages – individual starts at 30 second intervals or as directed by the starter
- June 26, 2022 at Rubberhead Recreation Site, Canoe BC
- Race Start time 12:00pm
- Rubberhead Recreation Site 2.5 km Parking Area
- From Salmon Arm head east on Hwy 1 past the Canoe Forest Products mill and turn right on the 110 FSR.
- USE CAUTION exiting Hwy 1 to turn right on the 110 FSR.
- Watch for industrial traffic on the 110 FSR.
- This turn comes up very quickly. USE CAUTION entering Hwy 1 after the event.
- View the course on Trailforks: Rubberhead Enduro – June 26, 2022 | Trailforks
- View a PDF site map including the course, marshal locations, parking, first aid, and water stations
- Registration closes Friday, June 24th.
Cycling BC Waiver:
** All participants are required to sign a Cycling BC waiver before competing **
Due to a last-minute change in our insurance provider through Cycling BC, you must sign a Cycling BC waiver. Use the CCN registration below and complete the waiver process, even if you have already filled out the Zone4 waiver. There is no fee.
- You will be required to log in or create an account to complete the waiver.
- The registration indicates a license fee on the first page, but there will be no charge.
- Select June 26, 2022 | Shuswap Cycling Club Rubberhead Enduro
- Complete the waiver and the registration process.
- A printed version will be available on site, but to save time please complete online.
- The course will be marked by approximately 10:00am Sunday, June 26.
- Out of town competitors should pre-ride the stages. This is most easily accomplished using a shuttle vehicle.
- Check-in between 11am-11:45am.
- Collect race plate.
- Sign waiver if not already completed on CCN website.
- Racer meeting at 11:45am
- A water station will be available mid-course.
- Blind Bay Grocer has kindly offered to support the racers and volunteers, thanks!
- Carried Away Taco truck will be on site, nice!
- Athletes are expected to ride within their abilities and encouraged to pre-ride the course if unfamiliar with the trail system.
- First aid will be provided by Shuswap Volunteer Search and Rescue. You guys are the best!
- Please be respectful of all volunteers and other racers.
- Starters must enter your race plate in their device. If you leave without their ok, you won’t have a time! We are aiming for 30 second intervals but that is at the discretion of the starter.
- No course-cutting. The course will be marked to help with direction and hazards only, and racers are expected race the established trail line.
- Overtaking a rider should be done respectfully in a safe area with a warning like ‘rider up!’.
- There will be a few areas where the downhill segment crosses the uphill segment. Please be aware of your surroundings and climbers yield to descenders.
- Ride hard and have fun!
- Open categories by gender.
- Results will be available on Zone4 and awards will be announced shortly after the final racers completes.
- Prizes generously donated by Skookum Cycle & Ski, thanks for coming through again!
- David Major
- [email protected]