** Frosty Dog 2023 – Final Results **
Thanks for a great day and looking forward to another great race again next year!
The first annual Frosty Dog Fat Bike Enduro is happening this Family Day weekend, Feb 19th.
Race the groomed trails at South Canoe in this casual and fun-focused event.
This is a three-four stage enduro race at the South Canoe Trails near Salmon Arm. Results will be based on the lowest combined time on descent-oriented stages.
- Mass start (all racers at once).
- Enduro stages – individual starts at 30 second intervals or as determined by riders.
When / Where:
- Race Start: 10:00am.
- Parking: South Canoe Trails, 6970 10 Ave SE, Salmon Arm.
- Race Start / Finish: The Dog House, (C-Can) on Metford FSR.
- From the parking lot, either bike up the Climb Trail or Metford Road if too icy.
- Watch for industrial traffic on the Metford FSR.
- Registration on site as well, up to 9:45am Feb 19th.
- Race fees are free for Shuswap Cycling Club members.
- Donations for Snowdog maintenance and replacement will be accepted on site!
Cycling BC Waiver:
- All participants are required to sign a Cycling BC waiver before competing. Printed copies of waivers will be available on site.
- The course will be posted on Trailforks Friday, Feb 17th. The number of stages and course length will depend on the trail conditions.
- The course will be marked by approximately 12:00pm on Saturday, Feb 18th.
- Competitors should pre-ride the stages if unfamiliar with the trail conditions and level of difficulty.
- Most of the trails we will be racing are in excellent shape, but there will be icy spots. Studded tires are recommended.
Race Day Registration:
- Check-in between 9am-9:45am at the Dog House staging area.
- Collect timing chip, and sign waiver.
- Water will be available at the start / finish area.
- Riders are responsible to provide their own food for the race.
- We will have a fire to roast some dogs. Bring your own dogs and fixings and refreshments.
- Racers are expected to ride within their abilities and are encouraged to pre-ride the course if unfamiliar with the trail system and trail conditions.
- Trail conditions vary at this time of year and are unpredictable. Expect icy areas that may be concealed by snow cover.
- Stop if you encounter a rider that has crashed and offer assistance or call first aid. Time lost will be credited.
- First aid will be provided by a trained volunteer.
- This is a fun-focused, casual race. Have a good time and be respectful of volunteers and other racers.
- The trails will be open to non-racers. Please yield to others you encounter on the trail. Time lost will be credited in these situations.
- We are aiming for 30 second intervals but that is at the discretion of racers.
- Overtaking a rider should be done respectfully in a safe area.
- Ride well and have fun!
- Open categories by gender.
- Results will be announced shortly after the final racers complete, and will be posted to www.shuswapbike.com/frosty-dog
- Prizes will be provided by Skookum Bike & Ski – Thanks!!
Skookum Bike & Ski will be on-site with Fat Bike Demo (non-racers only!).