Skookum Youth Ride – DH Race and Finale
September 24 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
This is the last week of the the Skookum Youth Ride for 2019 and the last of the Race Series. This week we will be seeing who can rip Flying Nun the fastest! Final points for the series will be tallied and glory earned for overall winners in each category. Skookum will be on hand with a BBQ and draw prizes for all our little shredders as a congratulations on a terrific season.
We need to be ready to ride at 5:30 as the daylight starts to become an issue in September.
See you there!
- Skookum Cycle & Ski Junior Group Rides.
WHEN & WHERE
- Starting Tuesday, April 16th, at 5:10pm, main parking South Canoe Trails, 10th Ave & 70 St SE, Map
- Normal start time is 5:30, this first one will start a bit early to do a helmet and bike check. Please take your bike into your favorite community bike shop pre-Tues if your bike needs some love.
- The Skookum Junior Group Rides are for young riders (around 6 – 14 years old) of all experience levels.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Due to the hilly geography of Salmon Arm, riders are recommended to have bikes in good working order with gears, front suspension, and good brakes (disc brakes are ideal).
- Please make sure all riders dress for the conditions (comfortable shorts and jersey, bug spray, rain jacket if it’s rainy, etc.)
- Each week, we will practice bike skills, learn and play games, and ride fun trails together.
- All group leaders are trained in skill development.
- Call Skookum (250-832-7368) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- 2019 waiver, please print off and hand in Tuesday night