Skookum Youth Ride – Hill Climb Race
September 3, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Starting this week the Youth Ride will be organizing a series of fun races! First week is a short Hill Climb test, followed in the next weeks by an XC race, a team enduro race, then finally a DH! We will be tracking points for each race with a winner crowned in each category at the end of the series. Skookum will be hosting a BBQ with draw prizes for all little rippers on the last night, Sep 24.
We need to be ready to ride at 5:30 as the daylight starts to become an issue in September.
See you there!
- Skookum Cycle & Ski Junior Group Rides.
WHEN & WHERE
- Starting Tuesday, April 16th, at 5:10pm, main parking South Canoe Trails, 10th Ave & 70 St SE, Map
- Normal start time is 5:30, this first one will start a bit early to do a helmet and bike check. Please take your bike into your favorite community bike shop pre-Tues if your bike needs some love.
- The Skookum Junior Group Rides are for young riders (around 6 – 14 years old) of all experience levels.
- Helmets are mandatory.
- Due to the hilly geography of Salmon Arm, riders are recommended to have bikes in good working order with gears, front suspension, and good brakes (disc brakes are ideal).
- Please make sure all riders dress for the conditions (comfortable shorts and jersey, bug spray, rain jacket if it’s rainy, etc.)
- Each week, we will practice bike skills, learn and play games, and ride fun trails together.
- All group leaders are trained in skill development.
- Call Skookum (250-832-7368) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
- 2019 waiver, please print off and hand in Tuesday night