The 2nd Annual Jasper Fat Bike Race is swiftly approaching, January 11-12.
There are 3 events again for 2018:
– XC Short Course at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
– Ride with the Pros – group ride and fundraiser for JPCA
– XC Endurance Course 50k and 20k options
We invite you to attend. Come race, ride with us, or visit with others at the Summit.
Two former female US National Fat Bike Champions (Ami Stewart and Emma Maaranen) will be there to compete on the course and engage in the Ride with the Pros event. The prize money is BIG and the views even bigger. So come enjoy Jasper In January.
Thank you for your support of this great event. We hope it will become a wonderful annual tradition for you and your Fat Biking customers to come and enjoy.
Well done to all the riders that participated in the Skookum Youth Race Series this year. The last race of the series was the prestigious downhill, with 17 riders testing their speed on Flying Nun!
Thanks to Skookum for organizing the rides and the BBQ. Also a big thanks to the parents that helped coach and ride with the kids.
Congratulations to all the riders on some amazing riding and fantastic spirit. Here are the overall results and winners for each category. See you next year and Happy Trails.
Category A: Ella Mills
Category B: Jayda Meerza
Category C: Lydia and Brighton Irwin
The Shuswap Cycling Club is once again proud to host the series finale of the BC Interior Cyclocross Series.
The race this year is November 5th, at Klahani Park.
Register for the race at https://ccnbikes.com/#!/series/interiorcyclocross2017
If you are interested in helping volunteer, please contact the club at ShuswapBike@gmail.com
Over the next four weeks Skookum will be hosting the Youth Race Series. Each Tuesday in September there is a different race; Cross Country, Orienteering, Team Enduro and Downhill.
Groups are based on riding ability and each week racers ‘earn points.
After the last race there will be a BBQ and door prizes.
First Race is a Cross Country at Park Hill. We will have a few loops set up for the race. Meet at parking lot, bottom of Park Hill Rd, ready to roll at 5:30.
As always bring WATER: please come prepared to have a drink.
If this is your first ride with us, no problem, come out for a fun ride.
If you haven’t already signed a waiver, please print this one off and bring it with you.
See you on the trails!
An Invitation to Shuswap Cycling Club members:
We all love cycling in the Shuswap! You are invited to join in the fun of the Saturday, Sept. 16 Salmon Arm Bike for Your Life Century Ride – Salmon Arm’s Community Bike Ride since 1998.
Choose one of four local scenic routes: 10K, 35K, 75K or 100K. Each route will be well marked with Aid Stations, Mobile First Aid, friendly Volunteers, a Shuswap Lady Striders hosted BBQ Lunch at Blackburn Park, local Musicians and draw prizes.
Registration is quick and easy here. $30/Adult, $50/Family, Children under 18 years: $5. Profits from this “all volunteers” fun and affordable event support the Second Harvest Food Bank and the Shuswap Trail Alliance: $24,000 since 2012.
Sat., Sept. 16 Bike for Your Life – Volunteer Help Wanted:
- Blackburn Park Venue set up on Sept. 16: 6 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. and take down: 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Contact: Pat Danforth – email@example.com – Set up and takedown pop-up awnings, tables & chairs placed, help move other gear
– Advance MUSCLE and TRUCK help with tent pick-up and/or tables and chairs for an hour or two would also be appreciated. Sept. 13 for pop up tents and Sept. 15 for tables and chairs. All are returned on Sept. 16.
- Course Marshalls on routes on Sept. 16: – details to be confirmed. Contact: Roger Beardmore – firstname.lastname@example.org (after Aug. 18)
- Finish Line Celebration on Sept. 16 – two, 2.5 hours shifts: 9:30 ‘til 12 noon or 12 noon to 2:30 p.m. suggested. Contact: Pat Danforth – email@example.com (cheer on cyclists as they arrive back from their ride!)
Shifts are 2 hours and begin at 9:00, 11:15 and 1:00
- Route signs and bollards post ride pick up Sept. 16: 3 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Contact: Roger Beardmore – firstname.lastname@example.org (after Aug. 18) (4 routes to cover with pickup truck or car with trailer.
George – Ride 2017 chair and event publicity coordinator
Salmon Arm Secondary held it’s Enduro race for 2017 on the Rubberhead trails on May 4, 2017. 48 riders from Salmon Arm, Vernon, Kelowna and Kamloops competed in 2 or 3 downhill stages. Only the downhill sections count toward a rider’s time.
Beautiful sunny skies and clear weather at last!
Results are attached in PDF format.