An Invitation to Shuswap Cycling Club members:
We all love cycling in the Shuswap! You are invited to join in the fun of the Saturday, Sept. 16 Salmon Arm Bike for Your Life Century Ride – Salmon Arm’s Community Bike Ride since 1998.
Choose one of four local scenic routes: 10K, 35K, 75K or 100K. Each route will be well marked with Aid Stations, Mobile First Aid, friendly Volunteers, a Shuswap Lady Striders hosted BBQ Lunch at Blackburn Park, local Musicians and draw prizes.
Registration is quick and easy here. $30/Adult, $50/Family, Children under 18 years: $5. Profits from this “all volunteers” fun and affordable event support the Second Harvest Food Bank and the Shuswap Trail Alliance: $24,000 since 2012.
Sat., Sept. 16 Bike for Your Life – Volunteer Help Wanted:
- Blackburn Park Venue set up on Sept. 16: 6 a.m. – 7:30 a.m. and take down: 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Contact: Pat Danforth – email@example.com – Set up and takedown pop-up awnings, tables & chairs placed, help move other gear
– Advance MUSCLE and TRUCK help with tent pick-up and/or tables and chairs for an hour or two would also be appreciated. Sept. 13 for pop up tents and Sept. 15 for tables and chairs. All are returned on Sept. 16.
- Course Marshalls on routes on Sept. 16: – details to be confirmed. Contact: Roger Beardmore – firstname.lastname@example.org (after Aug. 18)
- Finish Line Celebration on Sept. 16 – two, 2.5 hours shifts: 9:30 ‘til 12 noon or 12 noon to 2:30 p.m. suggested. Contact: Pat Danforth – email@example.com (cheer on cyclists as they arrive back from their ride!)
Shifts are 2 hours and begin at 9:00, 11:15 and 1:00
- Route signs and bollards post ride pick up Sept. 16: 3 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Contact: Roger Beardmore – firstname.lastname@example.org (after Aug. 18) (4 routes to cover with pickup truck or car with trailer.
George – Ride 2017 chair and event publicity coordinator